Latest News
July 21, 2016
Receive a £50 discount on our services when you open a business account with HSBC using The Tax Return Expert as a referral. When we have received the money from HSBC –we will credit you against your bill or if you have already paid send you a credit note and pay the £50 into your bank account. Please click on link to see offer from HSBC.

July 21, 2016
The Rent a Room scheme If you already have a lodger or are thinking about letting furnished rooms in your home, you can receive up to £4,250 a year tax-free (£2,125 if letting jointly).

You will need to file a tax return...
  • If you are letting a furnished holiday home (special rules apply)
  • If you are letting out residential property in the UK
  • If you are letting out residential property abroad
  • If you have a paying lodger (The rent a room scheme may be applied)
  • If any of the above applies but you are jointly letting the property/room/land
  • If you have sold a property which isn't your main home, you may also have to pay capital gains tax
  • For any of the above even if you make a loss
How we can help
  • Advise on what expenses are allowable
  • Advise on any schemes such as the rent a room scheme that may save tax
  • Advise on what records you need to keep and for how long
  • Calculate your capital gains tax and advise on costs that can be deducted
  • File your tax return
  • Inform you of any tax due and payment deadlines
Main Services
Qualified Accountant specialising in online tax returns and the filing of Ltd company accounts.
Get a Quote
Call 020 7193 3331    /    Email
© 2016 Expert Accounting Services Ltd trading as The Tax Return Expert. All rights reserved.    /    Sitemap Web Design & SEO by WebCreationUK